Rolling mods

The first thing I wanted to change was the wheels. The BK racing whees that came on the car didn't look bad but they looked a little too gangley on this car for me and she needed something smaller.
I wanted to go for some factory fit wheels to keep the car as original as I could. 
The standard factory wheels would have been 16 spoke 4 studs but thankfully VW did offer some factory options which I could consider:

BBS RM
BBS RZ
The RM looks far nicer but the cost was also exponentially more. I couldnt justify £1000 for a clean set of RM's and restoring some of the more affordable options was going to be expensive so I was going to settle for some RZ's when a set of BBS RM copies came up with rubber for not a lot of money.
They weren't perfect but they would do the job for now.


They were removed from a Golf Mk2 so had the correct spacers and bolts already. I opted for some new bolts anyway and quickly had then fitted to the Corrado once I got them home.

Not bad, just not for me.
The old wheels were listed for sale and new ones were taken out for a test run.
The increased tyre wall height made the ride more comfortable but the traction of the budget tyres was noticably worse.
If I keep these wheels for any length of time, I will upgrade the rubber.
I must say though, they really do suit the car a lot better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covering up the moon

The beginning

second hand car joys